Monday 25 October 2021

N A Z U | The feeling of being a 2nd Runner-up

I am proud to say that I got A 2ND RUNNER UP place for a Korean Speech Contest as a Monash University representative ㅎㅎ Never thought I would actually able to say that proudly tho.

Of course, I can't deny that I was aiming for the prize ($$$) but then again, I was also trying to see the level of my current Korean speaking skills is. Honestly, I would wanna get 1st place like, who wouldn't right? - but when I saw the other participants' videos, I was like nah, it's fine..I'm not that great (started to have low self-esteem all of the sudden)

How it all started -
Saw a post in Korean Studies announcement on this contest and of course, there was a lil spark in me to actually do it. Since this is my last semester in uni, I thought it would be fun to join and do something that is just out of my comfort zone for ONCE. So, I did.

How the contest works -
1st: choose one out of the 3 topics that was given
(the chosen topic: 온라인으로 한국어와 한국 문화를 배우기 - learning Korean and its culture online)
2nd: record a video of yourself speaking Korean for 4~5 mins straight (no notes, no video edits and no headphones)
(when I first heard it, I nearly cried cause I had to memorise my script haha)
3rd: post on the discussion forum on Korean Studies so everyone can watch it
(first time in an actual Korean class and first time attempting so yay...great! ㅠㅠ )
4th: wait for the results till 9th October (한글날 - Hangul Day)

My reaction when I heard the news -
9th October 2021 - the result day is finally here! 떨림 떨림~
I was on a video call with my boyfriend as he was driving to work. When I opened my Monash email, I saw this:

"오빠~! 오빠~! 한국어 말하기 대회를 결과 나왔다! 나 2등이래!!"
"헐! 대박이다! 축하해 우리 애기~!"

I was so shocked that I was like "what has just happened?" inside.....I swear I got lucky to get it honestly. I think my hard work paid off yeah? Don't you think so? Oh well, I was so glad that I took part in the competition. If there's another chance for me to join again, I will! 

Just speechless like I can't believe that it actually happened in my life ㅠㅠ

I'll update you soon again. For now, stay safe~

XOXO, Nazurah Aurora [나즈]

No comments:

Post a Comment